Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mission of the week: Healthy Breakfasts!

Above is not breakfast obviously, its Chinese stir fry. I make the sauce in the vitamix (easy stuff like sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, corn starch) and then just toss it with veggies. Its good!

So this weeks mission is for us all to have healthy breakfasts. I have always done well with dinner and ok with lunch but have fallen short with breakfast. I always had eggs and toast and de-caf. coffee but Ness and Michael had cereal and milk. I was worried most about Michael because he eats breakfast so early and then gets no more nutrition until lunch. Sooo, after talking to a friend I decided to make him 5 broccoli quiches that I could freeze and pull out and then he toss into the toaster oven while he takes a shower. (He wont eat something microwaved). Anyways, if Sage hadnt been sleeping from 7 to 5 am (nurse then go back to bed) the quiches would have been forgotten. So this week when I was up at 5 am I would wake for Mike to wake and then remind him about his quiche. After about 3 days, he remembered on his own (yay!). Anyways, it has been successful! He likes them and I will make another batch for next week.
For Ness I switch between eggs and toast with Oatmeal (with almond butter and "real" chocolate chips..crazy I know). But he always begs for Oatmeal and Cereal. So I switch it up. Here is his on our new divided corelle plates for the boy that doesnt want his food to touch.
This week was my birthday so I made a Chocolate Chocolate cake from scratch for myself. And I am 10 because those are the candles that were already used. ;) We are still enjoying this cake by the way.

So I got THE BEST birthday present this year...New Floor!!!!!! My second best was a gift card to Ann Taylor and a date night out with my ol' husband. Third best is that Sage started MOVING AROUND THE FLOOR! He is army crawling, but moving none-the-less!
Before, this carpet was so nasty, even worse under the carpet..ugh!
After beautiful wood-ness! Its way easier to clean because we moved some furniture out. ANd look how lovely it is!
Here are some random photos for your enjoyment! Ness and Miles talking "bikes".
Daddy playing with Sage.
This boy is so darn handsome!
Look at him!
This is some fish (that mike caught) with kale, with edamame and Israeli couscous (this plate is for Ness).

:)
On other words, our church has a church garden and we are hoping to plant soon! I am excited, the church is literally 3 min. away. I am hoping to be able to feed our family from produce we grow. Fun right?

No comments:

Post a Comment