Sunday, January 15, 2012

Food!

So I will now try to post our meals weekly, but these are a few from the past months that were successful. Above is Mike's favorite, its coconut chicken. Its WILDLY delicious! I just take chicken breast, cut it up, and then coat it with coconut (if its not sweetened add a bit of sugar), flour, and Tony's seasoning. Then bake. Make sure you melt some butter in the pan first, that adds to the deliciousness. And this is just some rice stir fried with various vegetables (including kale, my new fav. veggie).
This is a typical meal for Ness. He really likes his food to be "organized", the more "organized" it is the more he will eat. So these foods dont mash together, I think he ate everything on this plate. Its pineapple, grapes, cheese, bananas, and then carrots in almond butter (CHEAP at Sams) and honey.
My typical breakfast. It is a huge pain to make myself a decent breakfast, usually because I have to feed to kids too. And clean the kitchen (from my breakfast and Mikes) and get ready for the day. But when I do eat a nice breakfast I dont get hungry very fast and it def. gives me more energy. This is decaf. coffee with buttered toast (real butter) and fresh eggs.
This is another of Mike's favorites. Its roasted beets and stuffed green peppers. The peppers are just stuffed with dirty rice (ground beef, onions, seasoning, rice). And then topped with home-made bread crumbs.
This meal was actually a plesant surprise. That in the top right corner is Israeli couscous. It was REALLY good (in fact I may make some tonight), and then its just a normal salad with various veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment